To help speakers make progress in their speaking careers, or to focus on developing new skill areas, members of PSASA have initiated a number of masterminds.
What is a Mastermind?
A mastermind is a group of peers, collaborating and supporting each other to learn and apply what they have learned to further their careers.
– These masterminds are not official chapters of PSASA, but hosted by PSASA members.
– Generally PSASA masterminds are open to non-members as well as members of PSASA. If you are starting out as a speaker, they may be a good way to get some initial feel for the industry before signing up as a member.
– Some of the masterminds have a two-tier system, with a Core Mastermind and a second tier or class where the mastermind members share what they have learned with their colleagues. (OMfOS and DMG / DMC and PodMind / PodClass)
– Most of the masterminds are online which allows people to join regardless of where they are located – anywhere in the world.
Types of groups
– Open groups mean that anyone can attend at any time.
– On Application means that you would need to ask the group if you can join. These groups have a high expectation that members participate in all meetings and all current members need to approve any new member who joins.
– Closed groups are established for very specific reasons so they will not be of value to others not participating in a specific program.
Join one or start your own
The masterminds are designed to be as approachable as possible and not in any way exclusive. There is no fee. There is no necessary hurdle of experience or income generated from speaking. Coaches, trainers, facilitators, entertainers, speakers – all are welcome, any where in the world.
It is our plan to initiate more masterminds in the future. We would love to see masterminds based on local languages, on particular skill sets, or speaking topic areas.
If you are interested in joining a mastermind, please email the Champion of that group. Check it out and look around. There are probably a few options that you can look at.
If you are interested in starting a new mastermind, go for it! Let us know and we will add it to this page.
|Name||Type||Meeting Day||Contact Champion|
|OMfOS – Online Mastermind for Online Speakers – Core||Online||1st Tuesday evening||Ian Hatton|
|OMfOS – Online Mastermind for Online Speakers – Group||Online / Open||4th Tuesday evening||Ian Hatton|
|DMG – Development Mastermind Group||Online / Application||4th Thursday morning||Richard Mulvey|
|DMC – Development Master Class||Online / Application||2nd Wednesday evening||Richard Mulvey|
|PodMind (podcasting) – Core||Online / Application||1st Wednesday||Wilmien Davies|
|PodClass (podcasting) – Group||Online / Open||1st Thursday||Wilmien Davies|
|Chapter Presidents||Online / Closed||1st Tuesday||Hani du Toit|
|COE Speaker Mastermind||Online / Closed||Wednesday mornings||Ian Hatton|
|New Venture Mastermind||Online / Application||Monday mornings||Gail Sturgess|
|Woodstock Mastermind||Cape Town / Application||2nd Thursday evening||Bruce Wade|
|Women Speakers – Cape Town||Cape Town / Application||Last Friday midday||Charlotte Kemp|
|Women Speakers – Pretoria||Pretoria / Application||Last Friday morning||Taryn-Lee Kearney|
|Women Speakers – Virtual||Online / Open||Alternate Month Thur / Sat||Charlotte Kemp|
|The Sales Meeting||Online / Open||Tuesday mornings||Richard Mulvey|
|Book Writers Mastermind for Speakers||Online / Open||1st Monday evening||Richard Mulvey|