The SASHoF reflects outstanding success in the field of professional keynote speaking and reflects extraordinary acknowledgement, respect and admiration of the members of the PSASA, and by default of the speaking industry as a whole.
The SASHoF inductee is a professional keynote presenter who demonstrates the very highest level of platform skills, and delivers educational experiences of consistently high quality and originality.
Induction into the SASHoF is a lifetime award for excellence and professionalism keynote speaking. The award is not based on celebrity status. Neither is it based on number of presentations, or a requirement to meet a minimum level of fee earnings – but, given the qualifying criteria, SASHoF inductees are likely to have a busy calendar as a keynote speaker, and they are also likely to demand top-tier fees per engagement, which is likely to add up to significant annual fee income form their activities as a keynote speaker.
This award acknowledges presenters who, as keynote speakers, have demonstrated excellence whilst speaking to diverse audiences over many years of professional speaking. Whether or not inductees additionally include any other manner of delivery in their repertoire is inconsequential.
Inductees have a breadth of experience of presenting to different cultures and demographics.
Inductees are evaluated by their peers through a rigorous and demanding process.
- Must be a Professional PSASA member, in good standing, with at least 5 years’ unbroken membership at the time of nomination
- Must display excellent presentation performance as a keynote speaker and must demonstrate high levels of content delivery
- Must be a full time career professional keynote speaker for a minimum of 7 years at the time of nomination deriving a minimum of 50% of their total income from professional keynote speaking fees (whilst inductees may have other streams of income, and even hold other vocations or careers, such other activities should be in addition to them being a full time career professional speaker)
- Must derive an additional 35% or more of their total income from other activities as a presenter, and / or from sales on products (including licence fees, royalties, and the likes) related to and in support of their endeavours as a professional keynote speaker
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Angola, Zambia, Mozambique or Madagascar
- Must demonstrate the four E’s – Expertise, Eloquence, Ethics, Enterprise in all business dealings and conduct
- Is seen as an icon by other keynote speakers in their country of residence and must be an example to others
- Must be approachable by fellow speakers (within reason) and must demonstrate an interest and contribution in developing and mentoring young talent in their local keynote speaking industry
- Must display/demonstrate at least 6 of the following 8 professional characteristics:
- overall professionalism,
- proven business acumen,
- presentable image,
- unique style,
- effective communicator,
- successful products,
- marketing ingenuity,
- effective electronic presence
The PSASA is indeed proud of its members who have achieved this award and they are: