Welcome to the home of speakers in Southern Africa.
If you are a professional speaker, trainer, facilitator or coach, you will find resources here to build your speaking business.
Why Join PSASA?
PSASA offers many opportunities to build your professional speaking network, learn from colleagues in the industry, connect with international speaking colleagues, and build your speaking business.
As PSASA is a professional body for speakers, it offers business teaching and networking. PSASA is not a bureau and cannot directly help you to find speaking opportunities.
Please click through to the links to find out when the next meeting is.
- The PSASA hosts monthly meetings in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town.
- There is also a Virtual Chapter. Access to the Virtual Chapter is free and you do not have to be a member to join in.
- The PSASA has both a large annual convention, with international guests, awards and a gala dinner, as well as a local midterm convention each year.
- To provide speakers with more opportunity to network and learn, PSASA is also home to a number of masterminds. You do not need to be a member of PSASA to be a part of a masterminds. Many of them are online so they are accessible wherever you are.
How to Join PSASA
We don’t sell memberships. We nurture relationships. There are many ways to benefit from the content and networking available from PSASA, without joining. You can attend the Virtual Chapter at no charge or visit any of the physical chapters and pay for your meal. You may join one of the masterminds at no charge.
Once you have visited us, via one of the chapters, and you are still interested in becoming a member, then please speak to the Chapter President or leadership team, and they will then assist you with becoming a member.
If you still have questions, you can drop an email to our membership team.
What are the Membership Types?
We have two main types of membership.
– Professional Members – these are people earning an income from speaking. The fee is R3,300 per annum.
– Associate Members – these are people who are starting their speaking journey. The fee is R2,340 per annum.
In order to qualify as a Professional Member, a speaker would need to meet certain criteria including a minimum annual income from speaking.