The Speaker Factor
The opportunity to showcase your talents and propel your speaking career!
What is the competition all about?
If you are an aspiring speaker trying to make your mark in this highly competitive field then The Speaker Factor is the answer to your dreams!
Not only do you get to profile yourself amongst your peers but the ultimate prize gives you access to coaching by two of the country’s top professional speakers as well propels your status by positioning you as the keynote speaker at the next PSASA National Convention.
The Speaker Factor is a PSASA competition for emerging speakers and open to all of our Associate Members. Entry is via your Chapter with qualifying competitions taking place during January and February and semi-finals and finals taking place during the PSASA Annual Convention being held in April.
Each PSASA Chapter has been invited to put forward the qualifiers representing their specific Chapter (2 per chapter and 3 for Gauteng). Each chapter qualifier enters the National Semi-Finals at the Convention for a place in the National Finals at the same Convention. Contestants need to have registered and be present to participate.
What is the purpose?
- Discovering, encouraging and nurturing emerging speakers in the PSASA and speaker community.
- Giving newer speakers visibility within the Association – a platform to show other members what they can do.
- An opportunity for the winner to speak on the main platform as a keynote speaker at the next Annual Convention
- The contest is only open to paid-up Associate Members of the PSASA
- Entrants may only compete once, in their ‘home’ region.
- Entrants must be able to attend the Annual Convention.
- Entrants will be required to present a 5-minute talk without any slides or visual aids; this talk will be timed and they cannot exceed their time limit.
- Regional Winners must give the same talk in the National Semi-Finals and Finals as they gave in the Chapter Heats.
- Individuals who wish to enter may do so via an appropriate Chapter. Each Chapter President will announce the competition dates.
- To enter, individuals will need to contact their Chapter President to ask for their name to be added to the contest.
- The Chapter President will check that the individual is permitted to enter.
- Prospective entrants need to confirm that they would be available and prepared to attend the Annual Convention at their own cost.
- Once an individual has agreed to enter the Chapter Heat they must attend the event. Only exceptional circumstances such as ill health or bereavement will be accepted for failure to attend the Heats.
- If an individual does not attend the Chapter Heat to which they agreed to take part, they cannot enter any subsequent Speaker Factor contest in the future.
- Each Chapter will run their Speaker Factor Heats between January and February.
- Dates to be announced by each Chapter.
- The National Semi-Finals and Finals take place on the first day of the Annual Convention.
Coaching support for entrants!
- Each chapter will make a coach available to assist delegates in preparation for the chapter events
- Plus the winner of the PSASA speaker factor will have access to two of the PSASA’s top keynote speakers to assist in preparation for the grand prize and privilege of speaking on the main platform at the next National Annual Convention.
Contact your Chapter President now to secure your opportunity to propel your speaker career!