The X-Factor: Be Unforgettable
• How do you stand out from the crowd?
• How to do you go from being an ordinary speaker to being extraordinary?
• What makes you memorable?
• What makes you a Brand of One?
Join us on Thursday evening, 10 September to explore this topic.
Here’s what you can expect:
– Douglas Kruger will be inspiring us on how to create “those golden moments” on the journey to becoming anunforgettable expert,
– Stef du Plessis will be giving us tips, ideas and general feedback from attending INFLUENCE, the NSA convention in the USA,
– Jurgen Tietz and Adele du Rand will showcase their respective areas of expertise, and
– We will have a live SKYPE chat with Mark Brown in the US. He was the 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking,and we will be discussing the importance of being unique and standing out in a noisy world!
– Bennum van Jaarsveld will be our MC for the evening, navigating us through this jam-packed programme!
Don’t be the one to tell your friends that you missed this meeting!
More About Douglas Kruger:
Douglas Kruger believes in, and teaches, golden moments. In his book and keynote on expert-positioning, he encourages individuals and brands to stand out by design. In his book on innovation, he argues the case for a ‘unique signature’ as one of the surest ways to outpace your competition. Find out how you can use these ideas in your speaking career and become extraordinary. If you’re keen to go from amateur to expert, this presentation will show you how.
Douglas is a 5x winner of the Toastmasters SA Championships for Public Speaking. He is a business author with Penguin Random House, with three books commercially published, the fourth on the way, and the fifth commissioned for a future date. He has been a professional speaker for over 12 years and has spoken on national roadshows for brands like Samsung, Stanlib, MultiChoice and more. As a presentation skills trainer, he has also coached senior management at BMW, Liberty and Standard Bank.
He has written articles published in the likes of Forbes, Entrepreneur and ThinkSales, and has been featured on CNBC Africa, Maggs on Media, the SABC news, Classic fm and more. In addition to his books, he is the creator of a number of audio and video programmes, aimed at helping entrepreneurs to grow their business.
When he finally leaves this earth, he’d like his epitaph to be an accusation: ‘This man was ridiculously prolific!’ (And he wouldn’t mind if they added, ‘And way too handsome….’ )
More About Mark Brown:
Nationally acclaimed speaker Mark Brown is the 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking. He has dedicated his career to delivering uplifting messages to people all over the world. With his “tell it like it is” approach, he challenges some of the most serious issues facing schools today. He uses a unique combination of humor and poignancy to reach the most diverse audiences, and he is committed to continually inspiring people from all walks of life.
Originally from Kingston, Jamaica, Brown immigrated to the United States at 18 – with $40 in his pocket and a dream of a better life. He never imagined he’d devote his life to helping others. He spent 15 years working in the banking and direct marketing industries as a computer analyst before choosing to develop his public speaking skills. After recovering from a life-threatening illness in the summer of 1993, he made a commitment to excel as a communicator. His commitment earned him a 1995 Harlem YMCA Black Achievers In Industry Award. His efforts were further rewarded when he became Toastmasters International’s 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking.
Mark Brown’s purpose is threefold: to touch your head and make you think, to touch your heart and make you feel, to touch your hands and make you act.
Venue: Hacklebrooke Conference Centre, Cnr Conrad Drive and Jan Smuts Avenue, Hyde Park
Date: 10 September 2015
Time: 18h30 – 21h30
Cost: Free to all paid up PSASA members, R300 for guests and R120 for member spouses
Adele du Rand
PSASA Gauteng Chapter President 20105/16