- This event has passed.
Make Authentic and Quality Training Videos
20 Nov @ 10:00 - 11:00 SAST
See Anand’s introduction to the workshop here
Whether you are just starting to make training videos or struggling to build the momentum, we know the feeling. You probably have been struggling to make good-quality videos. Maybe you are spending too much time creating each video and the returns on time investment are just not attractive enough.
Training videos are not just about your knowledge and content; there is more. We cannot ignore that the production quality of your training program must match your brand and personality. Doing that on a budget and in time is not simple enough.
But, it’s possible. And this workshop will show you how to do that. What’s more, we will hand-hold you throughout the program so that by the end of this program, you’ll have your training program ready.
In this program, you will…
1. Learn to create training videos in your voice and style.
2. Get hands-on training to create your own training programs.
3. Be part of a group that will be with you to support you in your journey.
So, by the end of the program, you will have…
1. Created your training course and should be ready to go live.
2. Learned a solid framework to convert your training content into a quality video-based program.
1. Ideation & Setup
During this session, you will finalize (or get closer to) “your” training program contents. You will also make a few key decisions about the production of the course. Additionally, you will set up the required software and arrange for necessary equipment such as a camera, mic, etc.
2. Plan & Produce
We will plan and gather tools for the trade, whether available or new ones. We will also decide on certain technical aspects of all your videos. You will then work on the script for the very first video. And finally, you will plan efficient production of your video idea.
3. Produce & Edit
These two sessions would be the most extensive once, along with the time in between. I will show you how to film all by yourself, my best tips on picking a location, framing your shot, and others. You will create the first video during these two sessions. We will critique your video together, and you will get ample feedback and suggestions for the next one.
4. Publish & Monetize
A critical step, which many people often rush through, is properly publishing your video on your preferred channels. It takes more than just uploading the video. You will learn how to write an effective description and use proper keywords. I will also show you different content styles you can explore for variety.
WHAT YOU GET
1. One 30 min 1:1 “common-ground” session
2. 5x group sessions + recordings
3. Video tutorials for key lessons
4. Ongoing access to the community on Telegram
5. Reviews by the community members on your work
6. Useful tools, templates, and checklists
7. Personalized gear recommendations
8. Support to fix technical challenges (yes, you’ll face it)
** Bonus: A free course on ‘Getting Started with Professional Speaking’. Upon confirmation of your registration, you will receive a code that will allow you free access to the bonus course.
Delivery medium: Online
• R3,400.00 for non-PSASA members.
• R2,300.00 for PSASA members.
The workshop is hosted by the KZN Chapter and will run for five sessions from 10:00 to 11:00 CAT or GMT+2 (Please check and confirm the time for your particular zone) starting on Saturday the 20th of November 2021.