Dear PSASA members,
Please join us on the 23rd of January for our first meeting of 2019! It’s a New Year and time for some new ideas and resolutions. Nigel Smith will be talking to us about strategies, followed by Ross Saunders bringing back his top 10 tips from the recent Canadian Association of Professional Speakers conference.
Some key outcomes for Nigel’s talk will be:
• To check our understanding of what Strategy is and how we need to think differently for 2019
• To review the most important elements, steps and skills we need to apply in developing our 2019 strategy
• To effectively analyse our strategic environment, and VUCA world complexities
• To be mindful of the biggest threat to our strategy
• To be future focused and innovative in our thinking
• To develop and position our core Value Proposition
• To translate interest into action
Nigel is a vibrant and dynamic international speaker and facilitator with considerable experience in the fields of Innovation, Thinking, Motivation, and Leadership. He is a UP graduate who began his career in the Pharmaceutical industry before becoming an associate of Deloitte and founding his own company. Nigel is an International Master level certified Trainer of Dr. Edward de Bono’s Lateral Thinking and Innovation programs. He is also a guest lecturer at GIBS, and works across all sectors of commerce and industry. Most importantly he is a grateful and devoted husband and father to an amazing wife and two children.
Feedback from the annual CAPS convention
The Canadian Association of Professional Speakers – a parallel association within the Global Speakers Federation – recently held their annual conference in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Ross Saunders attended the conference and has brought back some key learnings for an open discussion with the chapter.
Ross Saunders is the current President of the Pretoria chapter of the PSASA and is also the Global Ambassador for the PSASA to the Global Speakers Federation (GSF).