The October meeting is definitely not to be missed!
I am delighted to be able to inform you that our guest speaker is
Speaker Agent Bronwyn Roberts – of Speakers Inc. presenting her workshop
If you’re a well-established professional speaker with some serious questions about how agents behave and the way they do business, but haven’t yet had the opportunity to ask any of them and expect a straight answer … then this is your opportunity!
Or, if you have been on the speaking circuit for a while already, but have just had no luck with the agents – they don’t take your calls, they don’t return your calls, they don’t respond to your e-mails and you feel as if you’re knocking yourself out against a brick wall – then this meeting will tell you how to get through the mist and the fog and actually get an agent to represent you.
During the workshop Bronwyn will also answer any questions you have about the South African professional speaking industry, with the truth (good, bad OR ugly) and gives solid, practical, hard-earned and well-researched advice from her almost fifteen years as an agent. (To ensure your question is answered please send me your question before Friday 13th October).
The workshop includes:
- What does an agent look for in a speaker?
- How do you get their attention amidst the 40 similar phone calls and e-mails that week?
- How to really annoy an agent in the first minute!
- What to expect from an agent in terms of marketing you.
- Which presentations sell and which don’t.
- How a reputable agency SHOULD represent you.
- The Five Secrets to keep your agent very happy with you (and thus KEEP them booking you).
- How to maximize your working relationship with your agent to your greatest benefit (so that they book you MORE OFTEN).
- How to convert your particular field of expertise into a lucrative, saleable presentation.
- The Five Harsh Truths all speakers (whether new or not) NEED to hear!!
- Date: 18 October 2012
- Time: Refreshments, networking and library – 5:30 – 6pm / Meeting 6 – 9:30pm (Please note: extended time of meeting – so the break will be in the middle of the evening)
- Venue: Hilltop Manor, 201 Umhlanga Rocks Drive (www.hilltopmanor.co.za)
- Cost: Free for PSASA members; R150 for non-members
Tea, coffee, biscuits & snacks included. (Cash bar available)
- Booking – You can book online by clicking here, alternatively you can book through PSASA Administrator – Simone: email@example.com / +27 79 680 2573
Please book or give you apologies BEFORE Friday 13th
Bronwyn is allowing us to use the workshop as a fundraiser, so please invite lots of guests (at R150.00 / guest) so we can cover the cost of her airfare and still raise some funds for the Durban Chapter. Many thanks.
Durban Chapter President
Phone: 082 491 1136