We are very pleased to announce that our speaker for November is
Speaker Agent Bronwyn Roberts – of Speakers Inc. presenting her workshop
“Insider Secrets to the Professional Speaking Circuit”
If you’re a well-established professional speaker with some serious questions about how agents behave and the way they do business, but haven’t yet had the opportunity to ask any of them and expect a straight answer … then this is your opportunity!
Or, if you have been on the speaking circuit for a while already, but have just had no luck with the agents – they don’t take your calls, they don’t return your calls, they don’t respond to your e-mails and you feel as if you’re knocking yourself out against a brick wall – then this meeting will tell you how to get through the mist and the fog and actually get an agent to represent you.
During the workshop Bronwyn will also answer any questions you have about the South African professional speaking industry, with the truth (good, bad OR ugly) and gives solid, practical, hard-earned and well-researched advice from her almost fifteen years as an agent. (To ensure your question is answered please send me your question before Wednesday 31 October).
The workshop includes:
- What does an agent look for in a speaker?
- How do you get their attention amidst the 40 similar phone calls and e-mails that week?
- How to really annoy an agent in the first minute!
- What to expect from an agent in terms of marketing you.
- Which presentations sell and which don’t.
- How a reputable agency SHOULD represent you.
- The Five Secrets to keep your agent very happy with you (and thus KEEP them booking you).
- How to maximize your working relationship with your agent to your greatest benefit (so that they book you MORE OFTEN).
- How to convert your particular field of expertise into a lucrative, saleable presentation.
- The Five Harsh Truths all speakers (whether new or not) NEED to hear!!
Bronwyn presented the above mentioned presentation at the October meeting in Durban and the members were delighted with the meeting – they said that this is most definitely a presentation worth attending!
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF MEETING DAY AND VENUE FOR THE NOVEMBER MEETING
Wednesday, 7 November 2012
Hacklebrooke, 110 Conrad Drive (Cnr Jan Smuts Avenue), Craighall Park
Click here for a map to Hacklebrooke
18h30 for 19h00
Updated Meeting Fees
Paid Up Professionals, Candidates and Associates: Free (included in monthly subscription)
Non Paid Up Members: R200
1st time guest of members: Free
Guests that wish to attend Bronwyn’s talk – R200.00
You can book your seat online by clicking here.
Alternatively you can book a seat via our administrator, Simone Scholtz by sending an email to email@example.com
Bronwyn is relocating to Cape Town on 14 November 2012 – Which means that this is your last chance to hear her in action whilst she is still in JHB – Do not miss out!!!
Looking forward to seeing you there
JHB Chapter President 2012/13
Mobile: 082 897 4529