The PSASA Southern African Educator Hall of Fame
The SAEHoF reflects outstanding success in the field of professional training, consulting, coaching or other closely related fields and reflects extraordinary acknowledgement, respect and admiration of the members of the PSASA, and by default of their respective industries as a whole.
The SAEHoF inductee is a learner, teacher, designer and deliverer of educational experiences of consistently high quality and originality.
Induction into the SAEHoF is a lifetime award for excellence and professionalism in training, coaching, consulting and associated professions. The award is not based on celebrity status. Neither is it based on number of engagements, or a requirement to meet a minimum level of fee earnings or earnings from product sales (including licencing, royalties, and so on and so forth) – but, given the qualifying criteria, SAEHoF inductees are likely to have a busy calendar as a trainer, coach, facilitator or the like, and they are also likely to demand top-tier fees per engagement, which is likely to add up to significant annual fee income form their activities as a trainer, coach, facilitator or the like.
This award acknowledges presenters who, as educators, have continued to reach diverse groups with deep content through diverse methodology over many years in a training, facilitation, consulting, coaching or one-on-one format. Whether or not inductees additionally include keynote presentations in their repertoire of delivery mechanisms is inconsequential.
Inductees play a variety of roles with a wide range clients, with a breadth of experience of presenting to different cultures and demographics. They have a broad experience and can work equally as well with top-level corporate groups, employees at all levels, varied education groups and community groups.
Inductees are evaluated by their peers through a rigorous and demanding process.
- Must be a Professional PSASA member, in good standing, with at least 5 years’ unbroken membership at the time of nomination
- Must display excellent presentation performance as a presenter and must demonstrate high levels of content delivery
- Must be a full time career professional presenter, practising as a trainer, coach, facilitator, teambuilder or other closely related activity for a minimum of 7 years at the time of nomination, deriving a minimum of 50% of their total income from this activity / these activities (whilst inductees may have other streams of income, and even hold other vocations or careers, such other activities should be in addition to them being a full time career professional presenter)
- Been active in the training, coaching, facilitating, teambuilding or associated industries for more than 7 years
- Must have developed / designed, and must present their own body of work (aside from any other IP that they may be licenced to present) and must display excellent educational transfer of their own (and, if applicable, other) intellectual property
- Must derive an additional 35% or more of their total income from other activities as a presenter (over and above their presentation fees), and / or from sales on products (including licence fees, royalties, and the likes) related to and in support of their endeavours as a professional presenter
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Angola, Zambia, Mozambique or Madagascar
- Must demonstrate the four E’s – Expertise, Eloquence, Ethics, Enterprise in all business dealings and conduct
- Is seen as an icon by other presenters in their country of residence and must be an example to others
- Must be approachable by fellow presenters (within reason) and must demonstrate an interest and contribution in developing and mentoring young talent in their local training, facilitation, coaching, teambuilding and / or associated industries
- Must display/demonstrate at least 6 of the following 8 professional characteristics:
- overall professionalism,
- proven business acumen,
- presentable image,
- unique style,
- effective communicator,
- successful products,
- marketing ingenuity,
- effective electronic presence