The Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, conferred by the National Speakers Association and the Global Speakers Federation, is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform skill.
The CSP designation is earned through demonstrating competence in a combination of standards:
- Professional platform skills;
- Professional business management;
- Professional education; and
- Professional association.
Speakers must be members of PSASA or another GSF organization for at least three years and complete a rigorous application process to earn the CSP designation.
Professional speakers who have earned the CSP designation bring a proven track record of experience and expertise to your meeting.
As speakers go through the five-year process of becoming certified, they are required to:
- Receive excellent ratings from past clients on performance evaluations
- Demonstrate that they serve a wide variety of clients
- Take part in ongoing education
- Perform and document hundreds of presentations
- Submit testimonial letters from their clients and
- Provide samples of their promotional materials.
In Short – It is the equivalent of a Doctorate Degree in Professional Speaking.